Skip to content
Low Carb Crispy Broccoli Cheese Rounds
- 1 (10oz) bag frozen broccoli rice* (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups freshly shredded cheddar cheese (not the pre-shredded)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- seasoning to taste (I use garlic salt)
- Cook the broccoli rice in the microwave according to the package directions. Using a fine strainer, drain and squeeze out as much of the excess liquid as you can; set aside to cool.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together the broccoli rice, shredded cheese, egg, almond flour and seasoning to taste.
- Make about 16 small balls with the mixture and place them evenly on your baking sheet. Smoosh them with your hands to flatten them out a bit.
- In the center rack, bake for about 15 minutes (or until they start to brown), and then flip them over and contintue baking for another 8-10 minutes.
- Eat alone or serve with a low carb sauce.