Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites (low carb + KETO)
yield: 32 BITES
prep time: 25 MINUTES
cook time: 20 MINUTES
total time: 45 MINUTES
These keto sausage egg and cheese bites are protein-packed balls of goodness! They’re so easy to make and only use 6 ingredients.
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook your breakfast sausage, drain off any excess fat, and set it aside to cool slightly.
- When the sausage has cooled, add it to a mixing bowl and combine with the cream cheese until there are no cream cheese clumps left. (It is important to make sure the sausage is not too hot before continuing, as it will cook the egg when you add it in the next step).
- Stir in the cheddar cheese, eggs, coconut flour, and baking powder.
- When the mixture is well incorporated, cover and chill in the fridge for 5-10 minutes. Coconut flour continues to absorb moisture, so if the dough feels too runny, this step will help. Skipping this step and not chilling the dough will result in flat bites, not balls like you see in the photos.
- Grease a baking sheet and using a small cooking scoop place the sausage, egg, and cheese bites on the tray.
- Bake 18-20 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Reheat in a 350F oven for 5-10 minutes, or in a microwave on 80% power in 15-second
SERVING SIZE: Nutrition per bite
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 79TOTAL FAT: 5.9gCHOLESTEROL: 38.5mgSODIUM: 126mgCARBOHYDRATES: 1.2gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 0.7gFIBER: 0.5gSUGAR: 0.4gPROTEIN: 5g