Cheesy Keto Taco Soup
PREP TIME10 mins
COOK TIME30 mins
- 2 pounds ground beef or turkey
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- undrained, 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes with green chilies,
- (One 32 ounce carton beef broth + 1 cup) 5 cups beef broth
- 1 (7 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 cans diced green chilies ( Four ounce)
- 1 package taco seasoning
- cut into small pieces, 4 ounces room temp cream cheese,
- 1/4 cup cream
- Take a sauce pot and over medium high heat, brown the meat. Drain off any grease
- Add the taco seasoning, undrained tomatoes, green chilies, tomato paste, beef broth, taco seasoning and peppers, stir well.
- Over medium low heat, let chili to simmer uncovered for approximately Twenty minutes until the tomato juice has thickened and reduced.
- Just before serving, stir in the cream cheese and cream.
Slow Cooker Version:
- As directed, brown the meat, transfer to a slow cooker and drain off any grease.
- Add the taco seasoning, undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, beef broth, green chilies, peppers and stir well.
- On low, heat for 6-8 hours.
- Add cream and cream cheese just before serving, stir until it gets dissolved.
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 279TOTAL FAT: 15.8gCHOLESTEROL: 93.9mgSODIUM: 466mgCARBOHYDRATES: 6.9gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 5.3gFIBER: 1.6gSUGAR: 4.5gPROTEIN: 49.8g