Keto/LC Soft Pretzel Bites with Keto Cheese Sauce
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
2 oz cream cheese
3 large eggs, one egg is reserved for egg wash
2 cups superfine almond flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tbsp coarse salt
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together almond flour and baking powder. Set aside.
3. Add mozzarella and cream cheese to a large microwave-safe bowl. Melt cheeses in the microwave at full power in 30 second intervals. Stir after each 30 seconds and continue cooking until cheeses are completely melted and form a uniform cheese dough. You can also melt the cheese over the stove in a double boiler.
4. Add cheese, 2 eggs (remember one of the eggs listed is for the egg wash finish at the end only), and almond flour mixture. Combine well. The dough will be quite sticky, which is normal.
5. Tape parchment paper to your countertop or use a nonstick silicone mat. Lightly coat your hands with oil and divide dough into 8 equal parts. Roll each dough into ropes about 1 inch thick.
6. Using a sharp knife, slice dough into 3/4 inch wide pieces. You should have enough dough for approximately 74 bites. Place onto prepared baking sheet.
7. Add the final egg to a bowl and whisk. Brush surface of pretzel bites with egg wash. Sprinkle tops of pretzels with coarse salt.
8. Bake pretzels for about 12 minutes in the middle rack of your oven, or until pretzels are a light golden brown. Set your oven to a low broil and cook for about 2 minutes.
Keto Cheese Sauce
¼ Cup Butter
¼ Cup Cream Cheese
½ Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
1 Cup Cheddar Cheese
1. Over med heat, melt the butter. Then add the cream cheese. Stir continuously until the cream cheese is melted. Slowly stir in the heavy cream continuing to stir continuously until the mixture comes to a boil.
2. Add the cheddar cheese, then stir until the cheese is fully incorporated. Let simmer over low heat for 5- 10 minutes or until it’s reached your desired thickness.
Note: Let simmer longer For a Thicker Sauce. The Sauce will thicken slightly as it cools. To thin the sauce stir in a little water.